The County has a team dedicated to supporting you with your water activities.

If you’d like to work towards a Water Activities permit, we have a number of Assessors that can support you.

  • Paddy Langham (Narrowboating)
  • Paul Rothwell (Canoeing, Kayaking & Rafting)
  • Roger Gardner (Canoeing, Dragon Boating, Kayaking & Rafting)

If you wish to be assessed please contact any of the above or contact our Assistant County Commissioner for Activities to be put in touch. You can find details on our GScouts contact page

How can I get a adventurous activity permit?

To understand more on the Scouting Permit Scheme you can visit these pages on the Adventurous Activity Permit Scheme:

This assessment guide also provides guidance to County Activity Assessors to ensure there is consistency when giving advice on good practice and completing assessments.

Who can help me with water activities?

Across the County we now have the following Permit holders, please contact the ACC for activities to get in contact with one of these permit holders.

  • 26 Canoe
  • 48 Kayaking
  • 21 Narrow Boating
  • 31 Raft
  • 6 Dinghy Sailing
  • 3 Bell Boat
  • 2 Keel Boating
  • 2 Yachting
  • 6 Power Boating
  • 1 Pulling

However we don’t have ANY of the following activities with a Permit Holder

  • Dragon Boat
  • Hover Craft
  • Motor Cruiser
  • Jet Ski
  • Rowing and Skulling
  • Scuba Diving
  • Snorkelling
  • Water Skiing
  • White Water Rafting